Thursday, October 28, 2010

Putting Things in Perspective

I've been feeling kind of crabby and tired the last few days and just kind of grumpy.  I was driving home the other day feeling sorry for myself when I thought of little Elisabeth.

Elisabeth is the youngest daughter of another American family we know over here and she is only a few weeks older than Carly.  On Friday little Elisabeth was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor on her kidney.  She started chemotherapy yesterday. 

Then I thought of some friends who have been wanting to have a baby for a long time and after fianlly being able to concieve, recently suffered a miscarriage. 

And then I stopped feeling sorry for myself.  My baby doesn't have cancer.  I am so blessed to have two beautiful little girls and a wonderful husband - and so many other amazing things the Lord has chosen to give me. 

Potty training may be a big pain in the neck.  Nap times may not always go so well.  I may feel up to my eyeballs in laundry and dirty dishes most days. 

But let's put things in perspective. 

It doesn't make my frustrations go away but it sure does put things in perspective to remember that there are much bigger things going on out there. 

Pray for little Elisabeth and her family.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I totally understand. That was me yesterday. I went to church last night, while David stayed home with the girls, and I had to let go of my frustration, anger, lack of patience, and ugliness. We can't do it all. We need Him. There are so many other people struggling with bigger burdens. It does put things in perspective. I am just so thankful we serve a God who sees us, loves us, guides us, and comforts us no matter what the challenge we are facing.