Friday, June 13, 2008

Grandpa Ballenberger



My grandfather died last week.

He had a stroke around Thanksgiving and hadn't been well since. The funeral was yesterday in Arizona and I was so sad not to be there. My grandpa was a great man who loved his family and always worked hard.

Here's some of my favorite memories about Grandpa:
He took Trisha and I on our first airplane trip!
He LOVED his garden. He was always so proud to show off his tomatoes and green onions.
He had great stories about his past, especially his time in the military. He actually was there when they tested the atomic bombs!
He loved golf. It seemed like any time of the year Grandpa could be found watching a golf tournament. Do they really play ALL year round?
He was always there for the important events in our lives.

These are just a few things but I wanted to stop and take the chance to remember him and acknowledge his life.

I love you Grandpa!

No comments: