Saturday, March 15, 2008

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish

On Thursday we went across the river with our neighbors to a cute little fishing village and had lunch. It wasn't exactly the typical American lunch but it was actually really good! As our neighbor said, "We'll go have some good little fishies." It doesn't translate so well... :-)
Ok, so you're about to see several pictures of fish but I think they're worth it. I would never be able to explain this!

Here's Jonathan and our neighbor picking our lunch. No kidding. You say, "Um, I think I'd like that one." And they go cook it for you! It's all very fresh...
They looks soooo appetizing, don't they?
We ate the red fish... Look at those eyes...
For starters we had octopus in it's ink. The ink was so black! It stains your tongue. The flavor wasn't bad but it was WAY too chewy!
These clams really were pretty good.
I have to say that the best part was the view!

Come visit! You can have red fish too! :-)

3 comments:

Hondo and Trisha said...

Trisha was so excited it sent her into labor... just kidding... she was totally grossed out by the eyes....
I thought it was really cool - Bryan says Didn't look bad at all.. delicious and nutritous. Very cultural. A deer just came by the window.. I had a little chat with it. Cool pictures... mom

Robyn Smith said...

That's it. I'm coming in May. Save me some fishies.

Jenni said...

I love reading about all of your adventures! I so wish we could come and have fishies with you guys.