My sweet, sweet little Carly is one year old today! Can you believe that a year has passed already???
We had a nice day today getting to go to the zoo to see the dolphin show (yeah for zoo passes!!!!!) and making pizza and eating birthday cupcakes together. It is so wonderful to get to celebrate my little one and remember what we were doing this time last year.
Here's us at the dolphin show. Daddy was working but the girls got to enjoy the show (and later a Happy-birthday-to-the mommy-mocha at Starbucks! I was the one who did the LABOR, right?!!).
The proud big sister who was very excited to see the dolphins!
The birthday girl checking things out.
Back at home having make your own birthday pizzas! A friend gave us the BEST recipe for pizza sauce. Yum!
I just love her sweet smile in this one.
You can't really see her cupcake but it's in front of her and she is not sure what to think of it...
On Saturday night we had some friends over to celebrate with us. I dressed the little lady up in her fancy dress for the occasion!
Notice the big bump on her forehead. Poor thing is walking all the time now and that means she's falling quite a bit too. This time she fell and hit her head on the door frame. Ouch!
Opening some presents.
Singing Happy Birthday in 2 languages!
Note to self - Don't plan child's birthday party for the time when child normally goes to bed. She will become fussy quickly and not be interested in said party or guests.
Yep, while everyone else was still eating it became very clear that the Birthday Girl needed to go to bed so we busted out her cupcake and sang but she was not interested. Poor thing. Check out the expression on her face. "What is going on???"
I have to say that I'm surprised at her lack of interest in the cupcakes. Don't 1 year olds normally make a big mess and eat up as much ccake and frosting as they can get their little hands on? Both Saturday (when she was really tired) and tonight she wasn't interested at all in her cupcake. She especially didn't like how the frosting felt on her fingers and still didn't want to eat it even when I put a little on her tongue to taste it. Ok, I guess she won't be our big sweet tooth. Katie has that department covered anyway.
I am SO thankful for this little girl. What an amazing blessing she is and what a gift it is to be her mommy. Lord, I praise you for this sweet little life!
2 comments:
Happy birthday, sweet Carly!!! What a darling you are! Great job celebrating her first year, Traci!
Happy Birthday Carly!!!! I'll eat your cupcakes anytime you don't want yours. =) What's the pizza sauce recipe?!?!
Post a Comment