Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Being Crafty

Katie's room has been seriously lacking in cuteness since Day 1 so now that we're moving rooms around and getting ready for Baby #2 to move into Katie's room I'm determined to add some cuteness to our lives.

Decorating things are just plain expensive in general and my idea of cuteness isn't readily available here so, being inspired by Jenni and Christina's recent creations I decided to try my hand at some cute craftiness of my own. Here's my first attempt.


The butterfly was my first try. I think it's cute!

Little Birdie just got finished this evening when I stitched his legs. Not bad...

The simplest design and my least favorite. Oh well. We're not going for perfection! Just cute! :-)
I used scrapbooking paper that I bought in the US because I've never seen any here and I just painted canvas for the backgrounds. Pretty easy really!

I'm planning to make some more wall hangings for the room Katie is moving into. They might be a little more complicated... We'll see how it goes...
I give myself an A+ for effort and a B for the actual end result... Not bad for my first try! :-)

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Very cute Traci!!! The butterfly is my favorite! I've been wanting to be crafty, but haven't started any projects yet. I even pulled out my sewing machine. We'll see what I come up with. :)

Jenni said...

Traci!!! These are fabulous. I am so impressed. I am partial to the butterfly but they are all darling. Great job, crafty lady.

Anonymous said...

Oh TRACI!!!! These are sooo cute! I'm going to be different and say that the bird is my favorite. I like those cute long legs. =)

I am very inspired!! We have the canvas things here, but I had no idea what to do with them. WOW!!

Those really look like something you would buy in a shop. WELL DONE!!

Trisha said...

Laurel and like the birdie too!!! Way to go Traci!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are so fun Traci! Way to be creative with your resources! You are doing a great decorating job! You will have to post pictures or the finished rooms!

love,
Sarah Bobar