Let me tell you, it was lovely. I had a tall, decaf, iced caramel macchiato and a raspberry yogurt muffin. Did you read that??? A MUFFIN! That I didn't bake myself! The things you miss when you can't get them...
It's kind of funny that I'm so excited about this. I have never been a major Starbucks person and I didn't even like coffee before moving here. But it's amazing how nice it feels to have some things that are familiar when so many things are not. Of course, they're much more familiar now than they were 2 years ago but still, I've lived in California a lot longer than I've lived in Portugal! So, today I am very thankful for coffee, specifically the iced flavored kind. Yippee!
By the way, this picture was taken by a nice American girl teaching at a school outside of Lisbon. I met her and her two fellow teachers as we were leaving. It was nice to share the, "wow, isn't this great?!" with someone who really understood.
2 comments:
hurray! Hurray! Oh Joy and Bliss!!!
I love it! The comforts we find when far away from "home." :) Fun to see you actually drinking something other than hot chocolate!!!
Post a Comment