Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New Tricks!

Well last week was an eventful week! Katie rolled from her back onto her side for the first time! Yesterday I was able to get a picture of her on her side. Wow! Such talent!!!

And yes, I guess it's true. We have a thumb sucker. Last week after much effort, Katie found her thumb. She was trying to get it for a long time but just ended up smacking on her fingers quite forcefully. I'm not sure how I feel about having a thumb sucker. After all, you can't take her thumb away when you want her to stop... But it has helped her calm her self down and fall asleep a few times. That part we like.
We keep offering her the pacifier...

3 comments:

Laura said...

I just told my roommates that I want to get on a plane headed for Portugal so I can hold Katie. She's so cute! I love babies in their footsie pj's too.

Love you guys!

Kelly said...

This is Kelly, Susan's sister and friend of Johnathan and Sara. I read your blog every once and a while and just wanted to say that Katie is so beautiful! Most babies at that age are still just squishy little lumps:) But she has such pretty features! Well done! hehe

Anonymous said...

Traci, I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of the thumb!!!!!!! Oh so huge!!! It helps SOOOO much with sleep and self-soothing!!! I am a believer!!!! If we have a third kid, I'm gonna MAKE a thumb sucker out of her!

(Savannah was NOT a thumb sucker, and Ashley IS, so I've done both. Of course I haven't had to wean Ashley from hers yet - that might definitely be a challenge like you say. But I can't imagine it not being worth all the benefits!!) =)