So today at church the pastor's mother looks at my stomach and says, "You aren't exercising, are you?" Ahhh! Really, I look THAT bad?
To make myself feel better let me just say that I've lost over half of the weight I gained during pregnancy but not much has changed in a couple of weeks. I don't feel great about how I look but I didn't think it was that bad!
A few weeks ago I was speaking with our pastor in Portuguese and in the middle of our conversation he said, "You haven't been speaking Portuguese much lately, have you?" Ouch. Nope! Katie doesn't speak Portuguese yet. :-) And that's who I'm talking to most of the time right now. I knew I was making lots of mistakes in our conversation and it was frustrating. Then he said, "You need to go back to your classes." It was a little embarrassing to have my blundering talking pointed out like that but I am out of practice!
Oh well. I guess honesty is better than lying to my face, right?
And here's a picture just for fun. :-)
4 comments:
WOW. Comments like that to a new mother are really in poor taste. I'm sorry you had to hear that! You are doing fantastic for having a baby only, what, six weeks ago!? Other people have no clue what you just put your body through...and what it's going through now. Just wait...bf'ing MELTS the pounds away. Seriously.
Sweet daughter-in-law! Yikes, the boys call that a hit "below the belt"...on the other hand, the comments tell me that you are now viewed as family...a good thing for you, even though it brings not so gentle exhortations! We think you look great, you speak like a native, and your daughter is a beauty! See you soon! Love, Grandpa Shoe
OW....amazing how cultures are so different. You look great in the pictures we've seen. Katie is your priority now, the weight will come off in time.
Oh dear, I guess you have to develop a tough skin there? I don't think I'd last a day! =)
Katie is just growing DARLINGER AND DARLINGER! =)
Post a Comment