Saying goodbye at the airport was nothing less than traumatic. After we finally said goodbye and walked to security the security guard asked me if I'd been running because it looked like I was hyperventilating from crying so much... I didn't laugh at his trying to be funny...
It was a bit of a crazy time to be traveling internationally. We had been planning to leave two days before but changed at the last minute when we were waiting to see when my mom's surgery would be. Then the craziness in London happened so our British Airways flight got canceled the day before we were leaving (maybe not such a bad thing as they're not our favorite airline). We were able to rebook with a random German airline that flew through Düsseldorf. Have you ever been to Düsseldorf?
It all turned out fine in the end. Highly emotional but we made it through.
I can't seem to find any pictures from that day but that's probably ok - I don't think we were at our best!
We arrived in Lisbon late Saturday and left early Sunday for a conference in France. Such world travelers!
Tomorrow we leave for the same conference in France with folks who work all over Europe, Russia, and a few other areas nearby. It'll be great to connect with these folks again. We have a great area over here.
It is neat to look back and see how far we've come this year. Learning a new language, trying to get used to a new culture, being far away from what is familiar and comfortable... Thankfully, this is much more comfortable now and more and more familiar too. We are thankful to be where we know the Lord wants us to be.
Well, thanks for remembering this momentous occasion with me!
All posts need a pictures so here's one of us in downtown Lisbon the week after we arrived...
3 comments:
Hi Traci,
I love the blog....keeps us updated. How cute your look with your growing belly....
Hard to believe that it's been one year already, how time flies...
Our love to both (all 3) of you.
Phil and Sue Meister
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year! What a milestone for you!
Greg and I were traveling to Norway on August 9, 2006, and we missed the Heathrow insanity by only a few hours!
Did I ever mention that British Airways lost MY luggage, too, somewhere between San Francisco and Oslo? (You had warned me about your lost luggage experience.) They're not my favorite airline, either.
Hi traci - great message and picture of the e.v. free gang from DB. One year ago today I had my surgery and today they started school without me. God takes us down interesting paths.....
I love you. Don't tell Dad, but I voted for a girl!!!! ha ha mom
Post a Comment