Saturday, February 9, 2013

Photo Shoot

For Christmas my wonderful husband gave me photography classes!  We were given an awesome new camera a few months back but neither of us knew how to use it much other than the automatic modes.  It was really fun to learn more about what the camera can do and experiment a little.  The class was 5 evenings and on the weekend between the 3rd and 4th classes we had to go out and use the things we'd learned to take 4 different kinds of pictures.  I grabbed my two cute little models and we went to the zoo to take some fun pictures.  Here are some that I like for different reasons. 

These first pictures were all where I was trying to take pictures with a small depth of field (or is it low depth of field???  I took the class in another language so I'm not sure what the terms are in English!  Crazy!)  It's where the background is out of focus but the subject is in focus. 

I like this one because it captures Carly's super excited smile.  It's not the greatest shot with their hand in front of their faces but the smile is priceless. 
 Does it get any cuter???  See those missing front teeth???
 Looking at the ducks together
 Oh the love!

These last two shots were trying the technique where the shutter stays open longer to catch a blurry image - to catch the motion.  What is that called in English???  It's arrastamento in Portuguese...


So fast!
 Run, run run!!

It's been great fun to have a "real" camera and I'm looking forward to learning more fun tricks!


No comments: