Friday, September 16, 2011

Pea Pod Tents!

This is something that I meant to blog about the whole time we were in the US and somehow never got around to it.  I think I was waiting to get a picture of both of the girls in theirs and that never happened so neither did the blog post! 

Anyway, we LOVE our tents!  These are Pea Pod travel beds by KidCo.  I was first introduced to them by my older sister and, I have to admit, I thought it was a little strange.  You put your baby to sleep in a tent and then zip them in???  Really?  But, oh man, am I a believer now!

After going on vacation with my sister and her family last summer and seeing how well my nephew slept in his we decided to go for it and buy tents for our girls.  We knew that we had a long trip to the US coming up and that during that trip we would be traveling quite a bit and sleeping in several different places and these seemed like a good option for our kiddos during that time. 

The girls LOVE their tents!  During our time in the US they only slept in their tents even when a bed or a crib was available.  It was great because no matter where we were, it was one consistent thing that they could count on.  I think it helps too that they're enclosed so the kids feel safe and secure and they're not staring up at the ceiling wondering where they are now.  We'd read a book, sing our songs and put them inside.  Katie slept with a pillow and blankets but Carly just wore her sleep-sack and was just fine. 

One of the great things about these is how easy they are to set up and take down.  Also, they're small and light - at least compared to a regular pack-n-play.  Now I'm starting to sound like a commercial! :-)  But really, we LOVE these things!

I don't have a picture of Carly sleeping in hers but here's one of Katie zonked out in her tent.  Carly's is a little smaller and bright green.  They both have air mattresses – one is self-inflating and the other came with a pump.  That reminds me – great customer service!  As I don’t think these were meant for CONSTANT use over the course of several months, Katie’s mattress started to leak air (could that have anything to do with the bouncing the girls did playing in there???).  We called the company and they had us email them a picture of the mattress and they sent us a new one within 3 days!  Impressive! 

So, anyway, we LOVE our tents!  Have you heard of them before???



No comments: