So, what did we make? Balcalhão of course! It's dried, salted codfish and one of the most typical Portuguese foods. They say they have 365 ways to cook it so you can eat it everyday of the year and never have it the same way. Wow! We made balcalhão a bras which is cooked with fried potatoes and scrambled eggs. It was really pretty good, and I'm not much of a fish person!
It really was fun and tasted pretty good too! Thanks, Terri! When's the next lesson???
Came visit, I'll make it for you! :-)
2 comments:
I am at a loss for words....
I think I might like to have those little pastry things 365 days a year.... =) Way to try something new!
I remember seeing those dried, salted codfish in your little corner market. They looked like roof shingles wrapped in newspaper. I did love the cod when we visited......so this does look very appetizing.
I'm with Trisha...gotta get me some pastéis de nata in Belém.
Post a Comment